Friday, August 23, 2013

The Most Innocent Mud Wrestling Ever

Friday, August 23, 2013
It's Friday...which means it's my "I'll write about whatever the heck I feel like, it's my blog" day.

Nice huh?

Anyway...last Sunday was a beautiful day here in Joplin.  For once it wasn't raining...I mean what's up with that?  Last summer we had the worst drought ever...all my flowers I JUST PLANTED died.  And this year it's like tsunami season.  Anyway...

It was a beautiful day.  I'm in the kitchen baking, Dave is playing with the kids.  It's a pretty nice Sunday.  Well little Sophie runs and gets her swimsuit because she wants to play in her little inflatable kiddie pool in the backyard.  So Dave fills it up but it isny holding water.  In fact it just seems to be flooding out yard.

This, however, does not seem to present a problem for our happy inventive daughter...

She would find a way to play in the water no matter the state of the kiddie pool....



Yes....the leak in the pool had created a convenient (for her anyway) "muddy puddle".  And it was time to play.


So.... muddy.

Of course no little girl can resist throwing mud in the air.....and apparently neither can Daddies...


Of course it's all fun and games till someone someone slips and falls...


Here's mud in your eye...

Or in this case your mouth...


Yeah..... doesn't taste too good huh?

This is one of those times where your only option is to just turn a hose on 'em.  What a mess.  I still have muddy hand prints on my windows....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Not to be sentimental but this is how memories are made. So fun and muddy ;-) Totally love that your hubby joined the mud fun, hope is okay after the fall, mud is kinda slippery

Paula said...

What a fun day, messy windows and all. What laughs your daughter and husband will have looking back at this post years from now.

Amy B said...

I just love this! What awesome pictures! Your sweet little girl will love looking back at those some day and remembering. Thank you so much for sharing!

Paula Barnes said...

What a cutie!!!!

mca said...

I can see one of these adorable pictures showing up
when lil Sophie is adorned in her gorgeous white
wedding gown . . . .

Charlene

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios